1.27.2009

100th post!

I just noticed that this will be my 100th post, and I thought that putting in a one bike post for a company that nobody remembers would be a lame 100th post.

So instead, a quick recap of what all this is;

All these bike pics I have are from a site I used to run where I'd post bike pics. [A blog is not the best format for this to be honest, but it's just easier to let someone else do the coding.] I used to look for used bikes and a lot of times without a picture, it was hard to know what was being sold. So I thought it would be cool to have a database of bikes so that you could see what they were.

I don't think I ever meant it to be comprehensive - I don't have time for that, it would be a full-time job trying to get pics of every bike ever. [check out http://www.bikepedia.com for an example of what that would look like; sorry, but it's not good] So instead I grabbed pics of bikes I liked, or bikes that were rare, or bikes that I didn't like.

The bikes I didn't like, I made fun of, and that is what made it go. it was my need to trash bad bikes that drove the site.

The cool thing is, in 2009, a lot of these pics are of bikes that are 'vintage.' Or near vintage anyway. And lots of parts that don't exist anymore; Rock Shox Judy, weird carbon Spinergy and Spyn wheels, AMP forks, AMP rear ends, cantilever brakes...

I'm close to getting all of the old pics posted - and once that's done, then I can start posting new stuff. What exactly I'll post, I don't know, but hopefully it'll be something good.

No comments: